I have no words to express how much I love these.
I want to see ALL of these. Bring me my time machine!
Dark, punk, pop rock, and not to everyone’s taste. Personally, I think it’s brilliant and going on high rotation on my ipod.
I think I need to see the film again. The further I get from the experience of seeing it, the worse it gets. It seemed fun on the night. But each day I get further away I get angrier.
Seriously, whoever that thought the scriptwriter from the Darkest Hour and Damon “I miswrote Lost and you should have seen my awesome Cowboys and Aliens” Lindelof could write a reasonable high concept sci fi film should be slapped. Preferably with the flayed spines of those same writers so they can’t do this sort of thing again.
The film LOOKS spectacular. Just stunning: 5 star. The acting’s good. The script is complete rubbish. I mean, BAD. The dialogue is barely functional, and the plot decisions are beyond stupid.
(1) Dysfunctional crew who do not seem to have ever had HR Personality tests… on a space mission…
(2) …a mission they seem to have been randomly assigned to, knowing nothing about it…
(3) …who follow absolutely no safety protocols investigating what is obviously the first Alien contact humans have ever had…
(4) and then don’t behave in any emotional believable ways when confronted by crises…
(5) …and seem to just get stupider and stupider as the crises get bigger and bigger…
(6) to the point when they don’t even know which way to run when a giant wheel is rolling down to kill them.
Oh, I give up. What was your most angry-making part of Prometheus?
SKYFALL - Official Teaser Trailer (by jamesbond007)
The all-ten-volumes-in-one-slipcase-edition of SANDMAN comes out in November! I’m thrilled. You have no idea how long I’ve been asking DC to do one of these. (Er, about 16 years.)
(Edit to add: lots of questions coming in. I believe it’ll be about $199, so the books are cover price but the slipcase is free. Probably cheaper if you buy it at places that discount books. These are the recoloured editions that use the Absolute edition recolouring of the first few books. And last time DC did something like this they also sold the slipcase separately.)
I am so, SO buying this for our school library.
Okay, maybe more than a couple. Some of these may be considered spoilers if you think the film should make any sense, which I don’t think is likely.
But otherwise, yeah. Enjoyed it. Silly fun.
Coming to Chchch for 4 days. Last 2 trips were the hour before the Feb ‘11 quake & Dec ‘11 quakes.
Promise FAIRLY hard not to cause any quakes this time. Um. Yeah. Sorry ‘bout that. I’m a wee bit nervous, which is funny given that I’m the least superstitious person I know.
ANYHOW, assuming the city survives until then, who’s up for drinks@ Volstead this avo?